The five-member Lottery Commission oversees the governance of the Oregon Lottery. The governor appoints commission members for four-year terms. The State Senate confirms the appointments.
Upcoming Commission Meetings
- June 24, 2022, 10 am
- July 22, 2022, 10 am
- August 25, 2022, 1:30 pm
- September 23, 2022, 10 am
- October 26, 2022, 1:30 pm
- November 18, 2022, 10 am
- December 16, 2022, 10 am
Oregon law requires that at least one commissioner have a minimum of five years’ experience in law enforcement and at least one commissioner must be a certified public accountant. No more than three members of the Commission can be affiliated with the same political party.
The Commission’s responsibilities include:
- Ratifying retailer contracts
- Approving yearly budget and business plan
- Approving monthly financial reports
- Adopting rule and policy changes
Oregon Lottery Director
The governor appoints the Oregon Lottery director, whose appointment must be confirmed by the Senate. The director’s responsibilities include:
- Overseeing the administration of the Lottery and its employees, as well as external and legislative activities
- Recommending annual strategic direction and budget to the Lottery Commission
- Serving as the Secretary and Executive Officer of the Lottery Commission
Oregon’s Teacher of the Year 2021
Nicole hopes her students will always remember how much she loved them.
Milo McIver State Park
Just outside of Portland, Milo McIver is a peaceful park that offers great access to the Clackamas River, including an accessible Kayak launch.
Wallowa Lake State Park
A destination in its own right, but also a basecamp for northeast Oregon’s wilderness adventures.
State Capitol State Park
Yes, the grounds of our State Capitol are actually a state park!