Commission and Director Info
The five-member Lottery Commission oversees the governance of the Oregon Lottery. The governor appoints commission members for four-year terms. The State Senate confirms the appointments.
Upcoming Commission Meetings
- September 25, 2020 – Web meeting*
- October 23, 2020 – Web meeting*
- November 20, 2020 – Web meeting*
- December 18, 2020 – Web meeting*
- January 27, 2021
- February 26, 2021
- March 26, 2021
- April 23, 2021
- May 21, 2021
- June 25, 2021
*Commissioners will attend via web meeting/telephone
Oregon law requires that at least one commissioner have a minimum of five years’ experience in law enforcement and at least one commissioner must be a certified public accountant. No more than three members of the Commission can be affiliated with the same political party.
The Commission’s responsibilities include:
- Ratifying retailer contracts
- Approving yearly budget and business plan
- Approving monthly financial reports
- Adopting rule and policy changes
Oregon Lottery Director
The governor appoints the Oregon Lottery director, whose appointment must be confirmed by the Senate. The director’s responsibilities include:
- Overseeing the administration of the Lottery and its employees, as well as external and legislative activities
- Recommending annual strategic direction and budget to the Lottery Commission
- Serving as the Secretary and Executive Officer of the Lottery Commission
Smith Rock – Adventure Central
From quiet strolls to heart-stopping vertical climbs, Smith Rock has it all.
Umpqua Lighthouse State Park Shines On
An Oregon Coast classic — whales, sand dunes, sea lions & more!