The five-member Lottery Commission oversees the governance of the Oregon Lottery. The governor appoints commission members for four-year terms. The State Senate confirms the appointments.
Upcoming Commission Meetings
- September 24, 2021, 10 am
- October 27, 2021, 2 pm
- November 19, 2021, 10 am
- December 17, 2021, 10 am
- January 28, 2022, 10 am
- February 18, 2022, 10 am
- March 25, 2022, 10 am
OSL Commission meetings will be held via web meeting until further notice.
Oregon law requires that at least one commissioner have a minimum of five years’ experience in law enforcement and at least one commissioner must be a certified public accountant. No more than three members of the Commission can be affiliated with the same political party.
The Commission’s responsibilities include:
- Ratifying retailer contracts
- Approving yearly budget and business plan
- Approving monthly financial reports
- Adopting rule and policy changes
Oregon Lottery Director
The governor appoints the Oregon Lottery director, whose appointment must be confirmed by the Senate. The director’s responsibilities include:
- Overseeing the administration of the Lottery and its employees, as well as external and legislative activities
- Recommending annual strategic direction and budget to the Lottery Commission
- Serving as the Secretary and Executive Officer of the Lottery Commission