The five-member Lottery Commission oversees the governance of the Oregon Lottery. The governor appoints commission members for four-year terms. The State Senate confirms the appointments.
Upcoming Commission Meetings
- Dec. 16, 2022, 10 am, web meeting
- Jan. 27, 2023, 10 am, OSL/live stream
- Feb. 17, 2023, 10 am, web meeting
- March 24, 2023, 10 am, web meeting
- April 21, 2023, 10 am, web meeting
- May 19, 2023, 10 am, web meeting
- June 23, 2023, 10 am, OSL/live stream
Oregon law requires that at least one commissioner have a minimum of five years’ experience in law enforcement and at least one commissioner must be a certified public accountant. No more than three members of the Commission can be affiliated with the same political party.
The Commission’s responsibilities include:
- Ratifying retailer contracts
- Approving yearly budget and business plan
- Approving monthly financial reports
- Adopting rule and policy changes
Oregon Lottery Director
The governor appoints the Oregon Lottery director, whose appointment must be confirmed by the Senate. The director’s responsibilities include:
- Overseeing the administration of the Lottery and its employees, as well as external and legislative activities
- Recommending annual strategic direction and budget to the Lottery Commission
- Serving as the Secretary and Executive Officer of the Lottery Commission
The Latinx business community strengthens an Oregon small town — and vice versa.
Courtney Place — Veterans’ Housing
A new YMCA complex for low-income veterans breaks ground in Salem
Independence Plans its Future
A small Oregon town takes its future into its own hands with smart development plans funded, in part, by lottery dollars.