When you become an Oregon Lottery® retailer you become part of a statewide family of retailers providing an array of exciting entertainment products for your customers to play - backed by the service and marketing support of the Lottery. You’ll tap into a brand new revenue stream attracting people who not only buy Lottery products, but other products in your retail environment as well. Selling Lottery products also helps the state of Oregon by generating profits which help fund thousands of critical projects and programs throughout the state.
- Includes a wide variety of Scratch-itsSM, and draw games which include: MegabucksSM, Powerball®, Mega Millions®, Win For LifeSM, Lucky LinesSM, Pick 4SM, Keno and RaffleSM.
The average single-register Lottery retailer sells $115,197 Traditional products annually. At an average of $2.00 per transaction, that’s approximately $8,700 per year commission back in your pocket. The Oregon Lottery offers Traditional game commissions that increase with greater sales volume.
|Amount Sold per Week
||Compensation - Percent of Gross Sales
|Up to $1,000
|$1,001 to $2,000
|$2,001 to $3,000
|$3,001 to $4,000
|$4,001 to $5,000
|$5,001 to $6,000
|$6,001 to $7,000
|$7,001 and up
- Cashing Bonus - In addition to commissions, the Lottery offers a prize payment bonus of 1% on all tickets paid out in your establishment.
- Selling Bonus - The Lottery offers a 1% selling bonus for all validated prizes $10,000 and above. The maximum paid on the 1% selling bonus is $100,000.
- Guaranteed Sales - We make it easy for you to carry and sell Scratch-itSM tickets and will buy back any tickets that are not selling.
Video LotterySM Product
Average Annual Video LotterySM Sales*
- State-of-the-art game terminals in restaurants, bars and taverns that feature video poker and line games.
*(Source-OSL Retail Ops, 2009 business year average annual sales by LSIC)
||Average Annual sales
Lottery Operational Support
Once you become a Lottery retailer, support unfolds on a number of levels as you begin to sell products and generate new revenue. Here are the basics:
- Crews to install your equipment
- Service technicians are available to service/repair your equipment
- 22-hour hotline support, seven days a week
- A dedicated sales representative who will make bi-weekly calls to your establishment
- A sales specialist who will call you to make sure all of your needs are addressed
- Retailer training both at the Lottery and on-site at your location
The introduction of Oregon Lottery products will be a positive addition to your business. Below is the equipment the Lottery provides to you at no charge:
- Video Lottery terminals
- Sales terminals and supporting equipment
- Dispensers for Scratch-it tickets
- Interior and/or exterior signs to promote Lottery in your establishment
- Player Kiosk
- LCD flat screen monitor
- Promotions - During the course of the year we offer many promotions to help grow your business - all designed to help boost awareness and drive sales.
- Advertising - At no cost to you, the Lottery produces statewide advertising which educates your customers about the Lottery games they may want to play. We traditionally run TV, radio, outdoor advertising, Internet campaigns and other means of support to excite your customers about Lottery games. Point-of-sale materials are also provided for your establishment to help drive awareness and increase sales.
Selling Lottery Products Does Good Things
Since 1985, the Oregon Lottery has transferred over $7 billion to provide funding for Oregon public schools, job creation and economic development, state parks and watershed enhancement. By joining the Oregon Lottery, you would become part of the family of retailers who have helped contribute this significant amount of money to the state of Oregon.